- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
MIB releases 3rd updated list of areas for DAS Phase III
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has released the updated list of urban areas in Goa, Meghalaya and Sikkim to be covered in digital addressable system (DAS) Phase III.
The updated list has been compiled on the basis of comments/data received from the state/UT governments.
This is the third updated list issued by the ministry for the Phase III areas. Earlier, it had released updated lists for 16 states/UTs and another eight states/UTs on 16 October and 2 November respectively.
As per the data released by the MIB earlier, DAS Phase III will cover 38.79 million television households across 630 districts and 7,709 urban areas.
The digitisation of analogue cable TV homes in the third phase will span 29 states and five Union Territories covering the remaining urban areas that were not covered in Phases I and II.
Thirteen states have TV households in excess of one million. At 6.6 million, Tamil Nadu has the highest number of TV households to be digitised, while Lakshadweep has the least TV households at 5,493.
DAS Phase III will cover all other urban areas (municipal corporations/municipalities) except cities/ town/ areas covered in Phases I and II. The cut-off date for Phase III is 31 December 2015. The deadline for DAS Phase IV covering the rest of India is 31 December 2016.
The first phase of DAS covered four metro cities of Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Kolkata, while Phase II covered 38 cities having a population of more than 1 million as per the 2001 census.
Click here for Third updated urban area list for Phase III of Cable TV Digitisation