- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
MIB issues 27 new provisional MSO licences
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has granted 27 new provisional multi-system operator (MSO) licences, taking the total number of provisional registrations to 451, as on 2 January.
Puducherry-based Viswam Digital Network is the only MSO to be granted a pan-India licence. The other licences are either at the state or district level. Most of these licences have been issued for digital addressable system (DAS) Phases III and IV.
The licences have been issued to MSOs from Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Manipur and Haryana.