- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
MIB issues 27 new provisional MSO licences
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has granted 27 new provisional multi-system operator (MSO) licences, taking the total number of provisional registrations to 451, as on 2 January.
Puducherry-based Viswam Digital Network is the only MSO to be granted a pan-India licence. The other licences are either at the state or district level. Most of these licences have been issued for digital addressable system (DAS) Phases III and IV.
The licences have been issued to MSOs from Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Jammu & Kashmir, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Maharashtra, Manipur and Haryana.