- Dish TV-Videocon d2h merger deal concludes as MIB grants approval
- Airtel Blocked From Aadhaar Platform After Being Accused Of Misusing Data
- Railways mulling installation of CCTV cameras inside trains
- Interpol denies India's request for red corner notice against Zakir Naik, cites lack of evidence as reason
- The Rebooting Of Rahul Gandhi, 49th Congress President
MIB issues 12 new provisional MSO licences
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has granted 12 new provisional multi-system operator (MSO) licences in the latest round, thus taking the total number to 424 as on 12 January.
Three licences have been issued for areas in Uttar Pradesh. Two licences each have been issued for areas in Tamil Nadu and Madhya Pradesh. Four registrations each have been issued for areas in Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh, Tripura and Kerala. Only one licence has been issued for operating in two states.
Four registrations have been issued for an entire state. These registrations are for the states of Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tripura and Kerala.
Earlier, the MIB had issued 30 provisional MSO registrations in Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Chhattisgarh, Andhra Pradesh and Jammu & Kashmir.
- Bhaskar Prakashan gets provisional MSO licence for MP and Chhattisgarh
- MIB grants 553 MSO licences out of 1,158 applications
- MIB grants 15 new provisional MSO licences
- MIB grants one permanent, 17 provisional MSO licences
- DEN Manoranjan gets permanent MSO licence; 60 provisional registrations added
- MIB grants 28 new MSO licences, Manthan gets permanent registration