- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
MIB grants one permanent, 17 provisional MSO licences
MUMBAI: The government has granted one permanent and 17 provisional multi-system operator (MSO) licences, as per the latest MSO registration list issued by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB).
Purnea-based Seemanchal Digital Network has procured registration for the whole state of Bihar. It is the lone MSO to receive a permanent licence in the current round.
As on 10 November, the total number of permanent MSO registrations stands at 232. However, as per the ministry, the total number of permanent licensees stands at 228 if one excludes the MSOs whose licences have been cancelled and those who have secured a stay on the cancellation.
The area of operations of permanent MSO registrant Akshaya Diginet Cable Vision has been extended to Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka under Phases III and IV as well as to the entire state of Tamil Nadu. Earlier, the MSO’s registration was limited to Tamil Nadu excluding Coimbatore.
List of MSOs granted provisional registration: