- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
MIB grants one permanent, 17 provisional MSO licences
MUMBAI: The government has granted one permanent and 17 provisional multi-system operator (MSO) licences, as per the latest MSO registration list issued by the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB).
Purnea-based Seemanchal Digital Network has procured registration for the whole state of Bihar. It is the lone MSO to receive a permanent licence in the current round.
As on 10 November, the total number of permanent MSO registrations stands at 232. However, as per the ministry, the total number of permanent licensees stands at 228 if one excludes the MSOs whose licences have been cancelled and those who have secured a stay on the cancellation.
The area of operations of permanent MSO registrant Akshaya Diginet Cable Vision has been extended to Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka under Phases III and IV as well as to the entire state of Tamil Nadu. Earlier, the MSO’s registration was limited to Tamil Nadu excluding Coimbatore.
List of MSOs granted provisional registration: