- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
MIB grants 23 new provisional licences for DAS
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has issued 23 new provisional multi-system operator (MSO) registrations to operate in digital addressable system (DAS) areas. Thus, the total number of MSOs having provisional registrations now stands at 464 as on 8 February.
The ministry has granted four registrations in Maharashtra, three in Tamil Nadu, two each in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Rajasthan, and one each in Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Mizoram, and Manipur.
Five companies, namely Gondia-based Nayan Cable Network, Mumbai-based Pace Vision, Burhanpur-based Royal Digital Cable, Indore-based Raghav Agency, and Alwar-based Shiv Digitek Network have secured registrations for areas in multiple states.