- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
MIB grants 23 new provisional licences for DAS
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has issued 23 new provisional multi-system operator (MSO) registrations to operate in digital addressable system (DAS) areas. Thus, the total number of MSOs having provisional registrations now stands at 464 as on 8 February.
The ministry has granted four registrations in Maharashtra, three in Tamil Nadu, two each in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Rajasthan, and one each in Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Mizoram, and Manipur.
Five companies, namely Gondia-based Nayan Cable Network, Mumbai-based Pace Vision, Burhanpur-based Royal Digital Cable, Indore-based Raghav Agency, and Alwar-based Shiv Digitek Network have secured registrations for areas in multiple states.