- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
MIB grants 23 new provisional licences for DAS
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has issued 23 new provisional multi-system operator (MSO) registrations to operate in digital addressable system (DAS) areas. Thus, the total number of MSOs having provisional registrations now stands at 464 as on 8 February.
The ministry has granted four registrations in Maharashtra, three in Tamil Nadu, two each in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, and Rajasthan, and one each in Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Jharkhand, Mizoram, and Manipur.
Five companies, namely Gondia-based Nayan Cable Network, Mumbai-based Pace Vision, Burhanpur-based Royal Digital Cable, Indore-based Raghav Agency, and Alwar-based Shiv Digitek Network have secured registrations for areas in multiple states.