- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
MIB directs MSOs to furnish info on consumer redressal mechanism by 25 Sep
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has directed multi-system operators (MSOs) to ensure that they have their own consumer grievance redressal mechanisms as per the mandate of the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
The ministry has asked MSOs to furnish details within 15 days by 25 September whether they have an operational toll-free number and a web-based complaint redressal system, and whether they have declared the nodal officer for public grievance redressal in each state where service is being provided, the number of complaints received in the last one year, and the details of the complaints and their status.
As per TRAI regulations on consumer complaint redressal, every MSO and the linked LCOs should have to: i) establish a web-based complaint monitoring system to enable consumers to monitor the status of their complaints, ii) establish a complaint centre in his service area and publicize the toll-free consumer care number, and iii) appoint or designate nodal officers in every state.
The ministry said it had received a large number of complaints during the implementation of digitalisation regarding i) non-issuance of payment receipts/computer, ii) abrupt stoppage of services and/or channels operators without any notice, iii) no fixed price of STBs different rates, iv) non-filling up of CAF, v) non-operationalisation of toll-free number for redressal of consumer grievances, vi) non-creation of website for logging of complaints, and vii) nodal officer name not notified.