- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
MIB advises MSO applicants not to entertain touts
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has advised all multi-system operator (MSO) applicants not to entertain any request for illegal gratification from any individuals.
The MIB has said that certain individuals are approaching MSO applicants with false claims of providing MSO registrations and demanding illegal gratifications/bribe to get the work done.
Reiterating its earlier reference notice, the ministry has asked MSO applicants to use the open house forum to resolve issues related to digital addressable system (DAS) registration.
To maintain transparency in the processing of MSO applications, the ministry organises monthly open house meeting on the 20th of every month in the chamber of Deputy Secretary (Digitisation), Room No. 547, A-Wing, Shastri Bhawan, New Delhi – 110 001.
This mechanism enables the applicants to know the status of their applications, provide/submit documents as required by the MIB as well as to represent their grievances to the ministry.