- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Media Konnects files FIR against cable op for airing ‘Badlapur’
MUMBAI: Media content distributor firm Media Konnects, an authorised distributor of Eros International Media for cable TV rights, has lodged an FIR on 23 June against cable TV operator Paramount Vision, for airing Varun Dhawan-starrer ‘Badlapur’ on its network.
The FIR was lodged at Kherwadi police station for copyright violation under Sections 63, 67 and 68 A of the Copyright Act 1957. Paramount Vision is owned by Keshav Pujary and is linked to multi-system operator (MSO) IndusInd Media Communications Ltd (IMCL).
“Paramount Vision shouldn’t have aired the film because they don’t have the rights and the film is still adult certified,” Bagul stated.
The producer has not yet sold the satellite rights of the film.