- Hathway’s cable TV and broadband capex to be Rs 270 cr in FY18
- Cut in interconnect charge may boost RIL's EPS by 8%
- Package soon to boost economy; no cuts in fuel rates: Arun Jaitley
- Global child bride racket busted in Hyderabad, 20 arrested
- Tracked so far: Rs 75 crore in Dera bank accounts
- Violence in Tripura: Journalist hacked to death, sec 144 imposed
Media Konnects files FIR against cable op for airing ‘Badlapur’
MUMBAI: Media content distributor firm Media Konnects, an authorised distributor of Eros International Media for cable TV rights, has lodged an FIR on 23 June against cable TV operator Paramount Vision, for airing Varun Dhawan-starrer ‘Badlapur’ on its network.
The FIR was lodged at Kherwadi police station for copyright violation under Sections 63, 67 and 68 A of the Copyright Act 1957. Paramount Vision is owned by Keshav Pujary and is linked to multi-system operator (MSO) IndusInd Media Communications Ltd (IMCL).
“Paramount Vision shouldn’t have aired the film because they don’t have the rights and the film is still adult certified,” Bagul stated.
The producer has not yet sold the satellite rights of the film.