- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
JAINHITS woos customers with ‘Viewers’ Choice Packs’
MUMBAI: JAINHITS has launched new packages titled ‘Viewers’ Choice Packs’ where viewers have the choice to pay only for the content they want to watch.
The objective behind ‘Viewers’ Choice Packs’ is to get more customers for its local cable operator (LCO) partners, JAINHITS said. Under this scheme, consumers get MPEG-4 quality, BIS certified STBs for Rs 1500. Viewers can select from 254 channels on JAINHITS platform.
NSTPL Head- Regulatory & Corporate Affairs Devinder Singh said, “The ‘Viewers’ Choice Packs’ announced by JAINHITS are sensitive to the needs of the consumers. For the first time, JAINHITS is empowering the Indian consumers with the power to choose the channels they want to watch. We are bringing all the benefits of Digitization to the customers through the LCOs, as JAINHITS technology promises improved picture quality, seamless signal transmission and access to value-added products and services, such as digital video recorders (DVRs), premium VoD, Broadband and so on.”
Col. Vinod Khare, Advisor Broadcast, TV and Regulatory, Principal Consultant, “Each pay program is listed in a hard or soft copy rate card to select from, which is ordered for viewing and then can be billed only for those selected choice. Later they can make changes to their choice exercised initially by calling customer care any time. Itemised bills showing breakup of amounts paid i.e. Basic Tier, Pay Tier, other costs such as STB provisioning Value Added Services and Taxes levied is the attraction. CD quality Picture and Sound clarity are the key highlights. At present it is a one way communication service, which has potential to upgrade to bi-directional communication to provide broadband on computer and/or TV to diminish the digital divide and fulfill PM’s dream of Digital India.”
“Our offerings are a testimony to our belief in mutual growth along with our partners and wish to boost our partner ecosystem with robust growth opportunity. All our past schemes and offerings have been well received and had instilled enthusiasm in the LCO community. Likewise, for this newly announced “Viewers’ Choice Pack” also we are getting extremely enthusiastic response. We will continue to facilitate our partners with such opportunities in the days to come,” stated Singh.