- Kerala high court clears CM Pinarayi in Rs 374 crore Lavalin scam case
- Infosys jumps 3% on buzz of Nandan Nilekani's return
- Gorakhpur tragedy: Top UP bureaucrat removed
- Karti Chidambaram appears before the CBI in the corruption case
- Kaifiyat Express derails in Auraiya district of UP, 74 injured
- Bypoll: Voting underway in Panaji and Valpoi Assembly seats
- Dhinakarans effigy burnt in Puducherry
JAINHITS plans to launch HD services with ARRIS STBs
MUMBAI: JAINHITS, India’s only headend-in-the-sky (HITS) based direct-to-network (DTN) service, has plans to soon provide full high-definition (HD) services which will be made available via the new ARRIS set-top boxes (STB).
The HITS operator has selected STBs from ARRIS’ HMC portfolio to deliver digital video services across the nation. Currently, JAINHITS offers more than 252 standard-definition (SD) channels following the launch of the nationwide ARRIS digital headend earlier this year.
“As we look to grow our services to meet the digital transition in India and introduce HD services later this year, we are pleased to extend our working relationship with ARRIS to add its STBs to our offering,” said JAINHITS chairman Dr JK Jain.
“Our platform, coupled with ARRIS STBs, will allow cable operators to provide 250 digital TV channels using just 12 frequencies compared to the 106 they are using today. This will help them free valuable spectrum, and use this available spectrum to provide broadband services to increase ARPU and fulfil Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s dream of a digitally developed India.”
“ARRIS is driving the global transition to an all-digital content delivery platform, giving customers like JAINHITS a competitive advantage in delivering tomorrow’s services on today’s networks,” said ARRIS SVP Asia Pacific Tim Gropp.
“JAINHITS benefits from our proven digital video portfolio and worldwide footprint which enables us to deliver localised solutions and support.”