- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
IndiaCast issues disconnection notice to Siti Cable
MUMBAI: IndiaCast Media Distribution has issued disconnection notices to Siti Cable Network and its subsidiaries Indian Cable Net Company Ltd (ICNCL) and Siti Maurya Cable Net for digital addressable system (DAS) and non-DAS markets in West Bengal and Bihar.
The notices have been issued on the grounds of nonpayment of dues, unauthorised and illegal retransmission of signals, failure to submit SMS reports and SLR, and failure to allow audit.
Issued on behalf of TV18, the notice states that the news and entertainment channels owned and operated by the company will be disconnected three weeks from the publication of the notice, which was issued on 12 August.
TV18 owns and operates a clutch of news channels. It also runs entertainment channels like Colors, MTV, Nick, Colors Infinity and History TV18 through joint ventures.
ICNC has been issued notices for DAS areas in Kolkata and Howrah and non-DAS areas in Kolkata, Raniganj Coochbehar, Burdhwan, Dhanbad, Ramgarh and Kathara.
Besides DAS areas in Kolkata and Howrah, Siti Networks Ltd (new change of Siti Cable Network) has been issued notices for non-DAS areas in Kolkata, Midnapore and Nabadwip.
Siti Marya Cable Net has been issued notices for DAS and non-DAS areas in Patna.