- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Hathway ties up with Eros to launch online movie streaming service
MUMBAI: In yet another first for a multi-system operator (MSO), leading cable TV and broadband service provider Hathway Cable and Datacom has launched a subscription-based movie streaming service called Broadband Movies.
The content for this service is being sourced from Eros Now’s exclusive library. Eros Now is a movie on demand service from Eros International.
Hathway’s broadband customers will, thus, be able to watch high quality movies on multiple devices like smart-TVs, PCs, laptops, tablets and mobiles. Hathway has more than 400,000 broadband subscribers across the country.
Hathway is offering a two-month free viewing period. The service will be attractively priced with a monthly subscription-based pricing for unlimited viewing of movies, Hathway said.
After setting industry benchmark by offering 50 Mbps as the default minimum speed for broadband in Mumbai, Pune, Bengaluru and Hyderabad, Hathway is now foraying into value-added services.
“Broadband Movies is our endeavour to provide consumers with meaningful services to make the most of their high speed connection in a completely legal and secure manner. 50 Mbps speeds are essential for delivering the HD quality videos that are available through the library of Eros Now,” said Hathway Cable and Datacom MD and CEO Jagdish Kumar.
Hathway Broadband COO Kunal Ramteke added, “On demand video consumption and multiple device access are no longer emerging trends; they are here and now realities. Our strategy is to deliver a holistic broadband experience. We do not just provide the connectivity but also deliver relevant services, which make the most of our 50 Mbps high-speed broadband offering.”