- Post merger of HITS-Cable TV biz, IMCL’s FY17 net loss swells to Rs 206 crore
- RIL Surges 4% After Telecom Regulator Slashes Interconnect Charges
- Mumbai Rains: 34 domestic flights cancelled till 12 pm today, main runway remains shut
- Tata Sons buys big chunk of shares in group firms
- Swine flu: 42 positive case in Mohali
- HIV blood transfusion probe: High-level team gives clean chit to Regional Cancer Centre
- Flipkart, Amazon in Rs100 crore ad blitz
- Politicians may have helped Iqbal Kaskar net 100 crore in 3 years
- Mobile bills to go down as Trai cuts call termination charges to 6 p/min
Hathway partners IL&FS Education to launch educational service channel
MUMBAI: Multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable and Datacom has teamed up with with education solutions provider IL&FS Education to launch TVTeacher, an educational service channel catering exclusively to children, youth and home makers.
The channel features a combination of curriculum aligned school content, vocational education and spoken English modules bringing schooling and education round the clock to every home.
As a special promotional offer, the service is available to all Hathway subscribers free till 23 September. Post the offer period, the channel will be available at Rs 30 per month.
The service will be available to Hathway subscribers on channel 463 across the country (channel 403 for Karnataka subscribers).
TVTeacher makes learning easy and fun-filled through 2D/3D animations and real life examples. It helps students grasp difficult concepts, retain information better and improve academic performance. Young Professionals can benefit from it accessing the content on skills across 12+ sectors and on how to start a job, progress in a career or go on to higher levels of vocational education. In addition to these, the channel covers narrator driven English modules for those interested in improving their ability to converse fluently in English by improving their pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
Speaking about the programme, IL&FS Education MD RCM Reddy said, “It will revolutionise learning at home by enabling our innovative learning content accessible to children, young adults and home makers at their own comfort and convenience and at an affordable price. Hathway being an ideal platform for this initiative, we are happy to partner with them.”
Hathway believes that the launch of this service will strengthen its value-added services portfolio. It will also help the MSO to create an additional revenue stream.