- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Govt issues 13 new provisional MSO licences
NEW DELHI: In a new round of licence clearances ahead of the sunset date for digital addressable system (DAS) in Phase IV, the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has granted provisional registrations to 13 multi-system operators (MSOs).
The approvals have come to smaller MSOs as they seek to operate mostly in DAS Phase III and IV areas. No MSO in this list has been given a pan-India licence.
Four MSOs have secured permission to operate in Maharashtra and three in Madhya Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Haryana, Gujarat, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala are the other states where MSOs have got licences to operate in.
The total provisional licences to MSOs stand at 609 as on 29 April, up from 596 reported in the list up to 21 April.