- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Govt issues 13 new provisional MSO licences
NEW DELHI: In a new round of licence clearances ahead of the sunset date for digital addressable system (DAS) in Phase IV, the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has granted provisional registrations to 13 multi-system operators (MSOs).
The approvals have come to smaller MSOs as they seek to operate mostly in DAS Phase III and IV areas. No MSO in this list has been given a pan-India licence.
Four MSOs have secured permission to operate in Maharashtra and three in Madhya Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Haryana, Gujarat, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala are the other states where MSOs have got licences to operate in.
The total provisional licences to MSOs stand at 609 as on 29 April, up from 596 reported in the list up to 21 April.