- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Govt issues 13 new provisional MSO licences
NEW DELHI: In a new round of licence clearances ahead of the sunset date for digital addressable system (DAS) in Phase IV, the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting (MIB) has granted provisional registrations to 13 multi-system operators (MSOs).
The approvals have come to smaller MSOs as they seek to operate mostly in DAS Phase III and IV areas. No MSO in this list has been given a pan-India licence.
Four MSOs have secured permission to operate in Maharashtra and three in Madhya Pradesh. Uttar Pradesh, Chhatisgarh, Haryana, Gujarat, Telangana, Andhra Pradesh and Kerala are the other states where MSOs have got licences to operate in.
The total provisional licences to MSOs stand at 609 as on 29 April, up from 596 reported in the list up to 21 April.