- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Govt grants registration to six new MSOs
MUMBAI: The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) has given permanent registration to six new multi-system operators (MSOs). With this, the total number of MSOs with permanent registration has increased to 112.
Of the six MSOs, only Paramount Digital Media Services has got a pan India permanent registration for a period of 10 years.
Sri Sai Digital Communications has got permanent registration for Srikakulam district in the state of Andhra Pradesh while Sree Digital Home Entertainment has got registration for East Godavari District in the state.
Pune-based cable network Next Generation Cable Communication has got permanent registration for Pune district.
Mangalore-based ISP Canara Star Communications has got permanent registration for the state of Karnataka except Mysore city. Citi Cable Network has got permanent registration for the state of Goa.
Earlier in July, the ministry had granted registration to four new MSOs. This had taken the total number of MSOs in the country to 106, as on 23 July 2014.
ACT Digital Home Entertainment, Sagar E Technologies, Maharaja Telesystems and RVR Infrastructures were the entities that had got MSO registration.