- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Goldman Sachs ups stake in Hathway Cable to 7.55%
MUMBAI: Goldman Sachs has increased its stake in multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable & Datacom to 7.55 per cent by making a fresh purchase of 4.45 million shares.
The company picked up 2.68 per cent stake for Rs 21.36 crore (Rs 213.62 million) at Rs 48 apiece on Friday, 20 March, through open market transaction.
Earlier in January this year, Goldman Sachs had shown interest in Hathway by picking up 4.8 per cent stake in the MSO. It had then picked up 8.1 million shares at Rs 65 per share.
Goldman Sachs already has invested $110 million in Sameer Manchanda-promoted Den Networks.
Incidentally, Hathway has attracted a lot of interest from investors. On 17 March, East Bridge Capital Master Fund bought seven million shares constituting 4.21 per cent, at Rs 50 per share.
At present, Hathway’s investors include Providence Equity Partners (10.85 per cent), Macquarie Bank (9.42 per cent), Reliance Capital (5.23 per cent), and CLSA Global (4.02 per cent).
Hathway shares closed at Rs 48.40, up 0.83 per cent on the BSE on Friday.