- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Goldman Sachs ups stake in Hathway Cable to 7.55%
MUMBAI: Goldman Sachs has increased its stake in multi-system operator (MSO) Hathway Cable & Datacom to 7.55 per cent by making a fresh purchase of 4.45 million shares.
The company picked up 2.68 per cent stake for Rs 21.36 crore (Rs 213.62 million) at Rs 48 apiece on Friday, 20 March, through open market transaction.
Earlier in January this year, Goldman Sachs had shown interest in Hathway by picking up 4.8 per cent stake in the MSO. It had then picked up 8.1 million shares at Rs 65 per share.
Goldman Sachs already has invested $110 million in Sameer Manchanda-promoted Den Networks.
Incidentally, Hathway has attracted a lot of interest from investors. On 17 March, East Bridge Capital Master Fund bought seven million shares constituting 4.21 per cent, at Rs 50 per share.
At present, Hathway’s investors include Providence Equity Partners (10.85 per cent), Macquarie Bank (9.42 per cent), Reliance Capital (5.23 per cent), and CLSA Global (4.02 per cent).
Hathway shares closed at Rs 48.40, up 0.83 per cent on the BSE on Friday.