- Govt to integrate BHIM app with Aadhaar for transactions
- Baby steps for Flipkart: Invests $2 million in parenting network TinyStep
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea charged with murder
- Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio spar over home broadband
- Sensex negative, Nifty tests 8400; RIL sheds over 2%
- GST deadlock ends: All set for 1 July roll out; uncertainty clears for India Inc
- EC decision helps pass Samajwadi Party legacy to son Akhilesh
- Reserve Bank of India raises daily withdrawal limit from ATMs to Rs 10000
- Underwater search for missing Malaysian flight ends without a trace
MIB has told HC of Punjab & Haryana that it is not going to press for STB installation till the matter is pending in various HCs. Under Secretary to Govt of India Anil Kumar has said that “as per legal opinion on the Bombay HC’s order, the stay granted by HC of AP & Telangana is valid across the country”.
Even as MIB claimed that 86.25% of TV households have been digitised in DAS Phase III excluding TN, its own report reveals 685 areas with zero seeding until 30 Dec. Out of this, 450 areas have fewer than 1,000 TV households and 226 from 1,000 to 5,000 TV households. 280 areas are in WB and are to be deleted from Phase III list as per the comments of the state government.