- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
DEN Networks prepares for launch of OTT service
MUMBAI: Multi-system operator (MSO) DEN Networks has let a sneak peek into the content offering of its over-the-top (OTT) service, which is set for launch soon.
The OTT platform will have close to 120 to 130 live channels, 2,500 movie titles and 10,000 hours of video-on-demand content.
The OTT service will be a “good consolidation rather than individual broadcasters and individual apps which are currently available”.
The OTT application is currently under test and the formal launch is expected to take place shortly, DEN Networks chief executive officer SN Sharma said.
The company is yet to finalise the subscription fee for the service. However, the app will be very price sensitive and price effective, Sharma added.
The new service will be for DEN’s existing subscribers and will be accessible via a mobile app. To access the platform, DEN subscribers will simply need to punch in the VC card number.
In the first stage of the platform’s launch, the MSO just wants subscribers to get hooked on to it. The plan is to then extend it beyond DEN’s existing viewers.
Sharma said that the company will not incur heavy capex due to the launch of this service. “As far as cost is concerned, there is very minimal cost that is going to be put into, incurred in launching this. So, I do not think that will cause any stress on the existing figures as of now,” he noted.
He said that the app will have no material impact on the business of local cable operators (LCOs).
“No, it won’t be affecting their business at all. Rather, I would say this will complement their business. This will further strengthen them against the other competing technologies. This will further help them in bettering consumer ARPUs and collections,” he said.