- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
DEN appoints E&Y’s Sheetal Garg to head finance function of its broadband biz
NEW DELHI: Sameer Manchanda-promoted multi-system operator (MSO) DEN Networks has tapped Ernst & Young’s Sheetal Garg as vice president finance for the broadband division. Garg’s mandate would be to spearhead the finance function of the broadband business.
Garg comes with an exhaustive experience of over a decade in due diligence, statutory audit and internal audit with the big four consulting firms KPMG, PWC, Ernst & Young and Deloitte. Prior to DEN, Garg was vice president, Transaction Advisory Services with Ernst & Young.
Having spent around seven years with EY with an exposure to over 100 due diligence assignments including strategic buyouts, PR investments and carve outs in diverse sectors including education, technology, media and entertainment, and telecommunication.
DEN Networks chairman and managing director Sameer Manchanda said, “We are delighted to welcome Sheetal as part of the broadband leadership team. His diverse experience and acumen will be a great asset as DEN aggressively expands its broadband business.”
With six million digital cable subscribers, DEN senses a huge growth opportunity in broadband business. With the vision of offering double and triple play services to its subscribers, DEN has been investing over the last few years to build a large fibre optic backbone through a combination of owned and leased fibre. DEN will be leveraging DOCSIS 3.0 technology to deliver high speed broadband services to its consumers.
The broadband business is headed by Yugal Kishore Sharma. He was appointed as president of the broadband business in September last year to spearhead the company’s foray into broadband internet services.