- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Delhi govt seeks subscriber base info from MSOs to boost ET collection
MUMBAI: To boost its entertainment tax collection, the Delhi government has directed multi-system operators (MSOs) to provide their total number of subscribers.
A written communication has been sent by the entertainment tax department to MSOs asking them to submit details of their local cable operators (LCOs) and cable connections at the earliest.
Delhi has around 20 MSOs. The MSOs have been asked to provide details of their cable connections with each LCO. The entertainment department has also asked for details of addresses and phone numbers of LCOs under them, an official said.
The entertainment tax department had collected Rs 261.94 crore in FY 2015–16 from MSOs. In 2014–15, the department’s collection stood at Rs 160.72 crore.