- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Delhi govt seeks subscriber base info from MSOs to boost ET collection
MUMBAI: To boost its entertainment tax collection, the Delhi government has directed multi-system operators (MSOs) to provide their total number of subscribers.
A written communication has been sent by the entertainment tax department to MSOs asking them to submit details of their local cable operators (LCOs) and cable connections at the earliest.
Delhi has around 20 MSOs. The MSOs have been asked to provide details of their cable connections with each LCO. The entertainment department has also asked for details of addresses and phone numbers of LCOs under them, an official said.
The entertainment tax department had collected Rs 261.94 crore in FY 2015–16 from MSOs. In 2014–15, the department’s collection stood at Rs 160.72 crore.