- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
DAS: TRAI to debate on QoS and consumer protection
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will hold an open house discussion (OHD) on ‘Issues related to Quality of Services in Digital Addressable Systems and Consumer Protection’ on 28 July in New Delhi.
The conference will be held at India International Centre Multipurpose Hall, 40, Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi. The registration time for the conference is 2 pm while the conference will start by 2.30 pm.
The objectives of current consultation are as follows:
a) To develop a unified QoS regulatory framework for all addressable TV platforms (DTH/ cable TV/ HITS/ IPTV) bringing in enhanced efficiency and transparency
b) To ensure protection of consumers’ interests by making them aware of the choices of services, terms and conditions of services, ease of subscription and speedy redressal of complaints
c) To ensure orderly growth and a level playing field for the overall development of the broadcasting sector
d) To encourage the use of information communication technologies (ICT) towards improving the QoS.