- McDonald’s to shut down 169 outlets in India
- Triple talaq violates rights of Muslim women: SC
- WhatsApp Coloured Text Status Now Rolling Out to Android and iPhone
- Airtel to launch its own Rs 2500 4G smartphone before Diwali
- Sasikala uses 'barricaded corridor' in jail premises as private space, claims former DIG Roopa
- Police verification for passport to go online within a year
- 'Routine run' kills second IMA cadet in 2 days; 5 in hospital
- MLAs supporting TTV Dinakaran meet Governor, demand Palaniswami's removal
DAS: TRAI to debate on QoS and consumer protection
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will hold an open house discussion (OHD) on ‘Issues related to Quality of Services in Digital Addressable Systems and Consumer Protection’ on 28 July in New Delhi.
The conference will be held at India International Centre Multipurpose Hall, 40, Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi. The registration time for the conference is 2 pm while the conference will start by 2.30 pm.
The objectives of current consultation are as follows:
a) To develop a unified QoS regulatory framework for all addressable TV platforms (DTH/ cable TV/ HITS/ IPTV) bringing in enhanced efficiency and transparency
b) To ensure protection of consumers’ interests by making them aware of the choices of services, terms and conditions of services, ease of subscription and speedy redressal of complaints
c) To ensure orderly growth and a level playing field for the overall development of the broadcasting sector
d) To encourage the use of information communication technologies (ICT) towards improving the QoS.