- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
DAS: TRAI to debate on QoS and consumer protection
MUMBAI: The Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) will hold an open house discussion (OHD) on ‘Issues related to Quality of Services in Digital Addressable Systems and Consumer Protection’ on 28 July in New Delhi.
The conference will be held at India International Centre Multipurpose Hall, 40, Max Mueller Marg, New Delhi. The registration time for the conference is 2 pm while the conference will start by 2.30 pm.
The objectives of current consultation are as follows:
a) To develop a unified QoS regulatory framework for all addressable TV platforms (DTH/ cable TV/ HITS/ IPTV) bringing in enhanced efficiency and transparency
b) To ensure protection of consumers’ interests by making them aware of the choices of services, terms and conditions of services, ease of subscription and speedy redressal of complaints
c) To ensure orderly growth and a level playing field for the overall development of the broadcasting sector
d) To encourage the use of information communication technologies (ICT) towards improving the QoS.