- Supreme Court adjourns TRAI tariff order case till later part of March
- Tamil Nadu: DMK moves Madras High Court challenging Saturday's trust vote
- UP Elections 2017: Congress To Approach Poll Panel Against PM Narendra Modi's Remark
- Virat Kohli strikes Rs 100-crore deal with Puma
- Captain Cool era ends as IPL side asks Dhoni to step down
- Reliance Jio pushes telecom consolidation as Tata Tele joins merger chorus; may hitch with R-Comm-Aircel-MTS
DEN Networks has selected STMicroelectronics’ STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipset for its HD set-top boxes.
The basic sales pitch is that last mile operators can own their network while the HITS company will provide technological support. Biz model built on MPEG-4 HD boxes at SD price, ownership of STBs by cable ops and prepaid billing. Hindujas apply for licence through Grant Investrade and expect government nod soon.
I&B ministry’s move to issue HITS guidelines expected to give a much needed boost to the cable TV digitisation drive.