- Arun Jaitley calls for expeditious use of penalising power by ED
- Triple talaq misused to satify lust, says UP minister
- 9 lakh registered companies not filing returns: Revenue Secretary Adhia
- Google CEO Sundar Pichai received nearly US $200 million salary last year
- India welcomes Cyprus support for NSG bid
- Murder at Jaya's tea estate: Main suspect killed, another injured in two accidents
DEN Networks has selected STMicroelectronics’ STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipset for its HD set-top boxes.
The basic sales pitch is that last mile operators can own their network while the HITS company will provide technological support. Biz model built on MPEG-4 HD boxes at SD price, ownership of STBs by cable ops and prepaid billing. Hindujas apply for licence through Grant Investrade and expect government nod soon.
I&B ministry’s move to issue HITS guidelines expected to give a much needed boost to the cable TV digitisation drive.