- IPL: ED issues show cause notice to KKR co-owners Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla
- India plans to seal international border with Pak, Bangladesh: Rajnath
- Gaikwad should apologise for his unaccepted behaviour: Politicos
- Doctors' strike ends after Bombay HC ultimatum
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- Aadhaar verification process for phones to start soon; task to cost Rs 1000 crore for telcos
- Kawasaki-Bajaj end India alliance of 8 years
DEN Networks has selected STMicroelectronics’ STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipset for its HD set-top boxes.
The basic sales pitch is that last mile operators can own their network while the HITS company will provide technological support. Biz model built on MPEG-4 HD boxes at SD price, ownership of STBs by cable ops and prepaid billing. Hindujas apply for licence through Grant Investrade and expect government nod soon.
I&B ministry’s move to issue HITS guidelines expected to give a much needed boost to the cable TV digitisation drive.