- Jallikattu stir turns violent; over 90 cops injured, 40 held
- Karnataka CM Siddarmaiah bats for revocation of ban on Kambala, mulls ordinance
- 162 Crores Of Unexplained Assets For Congress Leaders, One Is A Minister
- Arvind Kejriwal accuses the Election Commission of promoting bribery
- As Priyanka Gandhi is hailed for alliance with SP, husband Robert Vadra calls Rahul Gandhi 'youth icon'
- Don't announce any scheme for poll-bound states in Union Budget, EC tells government
- Jallikattu: Chennai cops 'vandalise' property, caught on tape
- Ola appoints Vishal Kaul as Chief Operating Officer
- Sweden: Gang rape streamed live on Facebook, three suspects arrested
- Triple Talaq: Law panel studies practices of Muslim nations
DEN Networks has selected STMicroelectronics’ STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipset for its HD set-top boxes.
The basic sales pitch is that last mile operators can own their network while the HITS company will provide technological support. Biz model built on MPEG-4 HD boxes at SD price, ownership of STBs by cable ops and prepaid billing. Hindujas apply for licence through Grant Investrade and expect government nod soon.
I&B ministry’s move to issue HITS guidelines expected to give a much needed boost to the cable TV digitisation drive.