- Fashion TV working on India linear, SVOD launch by 2018-end
- Baggage tow tractor rams into Air India plane at IGI
- Reliance says Jio to turn profitable 'shortly'
- Presence of outsider in Talwars' flat cannot be ruled out: HC on Aarushi case
- Gauri Lankesh murder: Suspects' sketches released but SIT has nothing else
DEN Networks has selected STMicroelectronics’ STiH273 (Palma) HD cable chipset for its HD set-top boxes.
The basic sales pitch is that last mile operators can own their network while the HITS company will provide technological support. Biz model built on MPEG-4 HD boxes at SD price, ownership of STBs by cable ops and prepaid billing. Hindujas apply for licence through Grant Investrade and expect government nod soon.
I&B ministry’s move to issue HITS guidelines expected to give a much needed boost to the cable TV digitisation drive.