- ACT Fibernet rolls-out 1 Gbps plan in Bengaluru after Hyderabad
- Vishnu Shankar takes charge as &TV business head
- Unitech Shares Plunge 13% As Supreme Court Stays NCLT Order
- Tax department probes unregulated bitcoin exchanges after valuations jump
- Coal scam: Fmr Jharkhand CM Madhu Koda, Fmr coal Secy held guilty
- Deadline for linking PAN with Aadhaar was extended to March 31, 2018
BSNL inches closer to 10-mn wired broadband subscriber mark
MUMBAI: State-owned BSNL, India’s top broadband player by subscriber mark, is inching closer to the 10-million wired broadband subscriber mark.
BSNL added 60,000 customers in October 2016 to reach 9.94 million, just 60,000 shy of the milestone.
Bharti Airtel, Atria Convergence Technologies and You Broadband added 10,000 customers each, to increase their customer base to 1.95 million, 1.12 million and 0.59 million respectively.
MTNL was the only broadband player to lose customers during the month. It lost 10,000 customers to end the month at 1.06 million customers.
The top five wired broadband subscribers added 80,000 customers in October 2016 to reach 14.66 million subscribers compared to 14.58 million in the previous month, as per the details provided by the service providers to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
The top five service providers constituted 80.36% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of October. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (48.17 million), Vodafone (40.19 million), Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (35.94 million), Idea Cellular (29.76 million) and BSNL (21.46 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (46.22 million), Vodafone (40.19 million), Reliance Jio Infocomm (35.94 million), Idea Cellular (29.76 million) and Reliance Communications (16.95 million).