- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
BSNL inches closer to 10-mn wired broadband subscriber mark
MUMBAI: State-owned BSNL, India’s top broadband player by subscriber mark, is inching closer to the 10-million wired broadband subscriber mark.
BSNL added 60,000 customers in October 2016 to reach 9.94 million, just 60,000 shy of the milestone.
Bharti Airtel, Atria Convergence Technologies and You Broadband added 10,000 customers each, to increase their customer base to 1.95 million, 1.12 million and 0.59 million respectively.
MTNL was the only broadband player to lose customers during the month. It lost 10,000 customers to end the month at 1.06 million customers.
The top five wired broadband subscribers added 80,000 customers in October 2016 to reach 14.66 million subscribers compared to 14.58 million in the previous month, as per the details provided by the service providers to Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI).
The top five service providers constituted 80.36% market share of the total broadband subscribers at the end of October. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (48.17 million), Vodafone (40.19 million), Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (35.94 million), Idea Cellular (29.76 million) and BSNL (21.46 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (46.22 million), Vodafone (40.19 million), Reliance Jio Infocomm (35.94 million), Idea Cellular (29.76 million) and Reliance Communications (16.95 million).