- Delhi: Worker dies after inhaling toxic gases while cleaning sewer inside hospital premises
- Bihar floods: Toll rises to 253, more than a crore people are now homeless
- Key accused in Rs 700-crore Bihar fund transfer scam dies in Bhagalpur hospital
- War won't give China any clear gain, only cause casualties, assesses govt
- Saudi carrier says Qatar has not approved hajj flights
- Three Kashmiri youth arrested for disrespecting National Anthem
- 2008 Malegaon Blast Case: Supreme Court Verdict On Lt Col Purohit's Bail Today
Atria crosses 1 mn broadband subscriber mark in June
MUMBAI: Bengaluru-based broadband service provider Atria Convergence Technologies has crossed the one-million subscriber mark in June. It has become the fourth wired broadband service provider after state-owned BSNL and MTNL and private telecom operator Bharti Airtel to achieve this milestone.
Atria is also the only standalone broadband player to garner one million subscribers. As on 30 June, the TA Associates-backed company had 1.02 million subscribers.
As on 30 June, the top five wired broadband service providers were BSNL (9.88 million), Bharti Airtel (1.82 million), MTNL (1.10 million), Atria Convergence Technologies (1.02 million) and You Broadband (0.56 million), as per reports received by the Telecom Regulatory Authority of India (TRAI) from the service providers.
Atria provides wired broadband and cable TV services across Telangana, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Tamil Nadu.
The number of broadband subscribers remained flat at 159.80 million at the end of June compared to 159.76 million at the end of May.
The top five service providers constituted 84.38% market share of the total broadband subscriber base at the end of June. These service providers were Bharti Airtel (40.61 million), Vodafone (32.28 million), Idea Cellular (27.02 million), BSNL (20.56 million) and Reliance Communications (14.38 million).
The top five wireless broadband service providers were Bharti Airtel (38.79 million), Vodafone (32.27 million), Idea Cellular (27.02 million), Reliance Communications (14.26 million) and BSNL (10.68 million).