- India-focused OTT production entity Golden Karavan launched
- Woman alleges gang rape by two men in SUV
- Film producer Karim Morani surrenders in rape case
- Ryan school murder case: CBI team reaches school, starts probe
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- Pakistan shells border posts, hamlets in J&K; BSF jawans among 7 injured
- Sushma Swaraj raises issue of terrorism, H1-B with US Secretary of State
Asianet is first MSO in India to launch OTT service
MUMBAI: Asianet Satellite Communications, the leading multi-system operator (MSO) in Kerala, has launched Asianet Mobile TV, an app for live streaming of Malayalam channels.
Asianet has become the first MSO in the country to launch OTT service.
“Asianet with a little over 20 years of experience in the domain of cable TV and broadband internet services is pleased to reach out to the large Malayalee diaspora with Asianet Mobile TV and provide them visual entertainment that is as close as it gets to home with the anytime, anywhere app,” said Asianet Satellite Communications president and COO G Sankaranarayana.
The company officially launched the Asianet Mobile TV app in Dubai on 22 August, heralding Onam, the biggest festival for Malayalees, during the month of Chingam.
Asianet Mobile TV will offer live content streaming of popular Malayalam channels through the app, on any Android or Apple devices. The app can be downloaded from the Google Play store or Apple App Store.
It will also be available in Windows soon.
Twenty Malayalam channels will be available, besides radio channels.
Asianet has partnered with Xperio Labs for developing the app.
Asianet Satellite Communication EVP (OTT) S Sathishkumar added, “We will be closely working together to enliven your entertainment with Asianet Mobile TV and make this OTT service your daily booster-dose for all information and entertainment from Kerala.”