- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
Asianet adds Sony Six HD to digital bouquet
MUMBAI: Kerala’s leading multi-system operator (MSO) Asianet Satellite Communications has recently added Multi Screen Media’s (MSM) sports channel Sony Six HD to its digital bouquet.
With the addition of Sony Six HD, the MSO now offers 15 premium HD channels.
With the FIFA World Cup 2014 around the corner, Asianet Digital has got on board Sony Six, the official broadcaster of the soccer World Cup, in SD and also in HD. Viewers can enjoy Sony Six HD by subscribing to Asianet’s Emerald HD package.
Asianet has recently achieved a milestone of one million digital subscribers in Kerala. The company is now aiming to reach a three-million subscriber base by enabling LCOs to digitise their subscribers, utilising digital services including SD and HD services.
The MSO also offers bundled services of broadband (of free capacity of 150 MB) and digital cable TV services.
Going forward, the operator will increase the number of channels to 350 from the current 200 video channels including 25 HD channels.
Asianet has also partnered with Cisco, the global leader for digital solutions for digital headend, set-top boxes (STB) and broadband networks. Their association has carried forward since 2006 to digitise the Kerala market.
In addition, it will roll out value-added services with video on demand (VOD) to digital customers and will also extend its digital TV services to different platforms like smartphones and tablets through its multi-screen strategy.
Its digital STBs with different features are priced at Rs 1,499, while HD boxes are available for Rs 3,990 and HD DVR for Rs 7,500.