- '84 riots: SC forms body to examine SIT decision to close 199 cases
- China Uses Chequebook Diplomacy To Sideline India In Nepal
- NDRF rescues 28000, including 6 pregnant women, from floods
- Rahul Gandhi launches Indira Canteen project in Bengaluru
- Just by fulfilling its commitment to SC, Trai can bring down mobile call rates by half
- Google to Pay Apple $3 Billion to Remain Default iOS Device Search Engine
- Daniel Craig confirmed as 007 in upcoming James Bond film Bond 25
Asianet adds 13 HD channels to bouquet
MUMBAI: Asianet Digital, the cable TV division of Asianet Satellite Communications in Kerala, has added 13 high-definition channels. With this, the number of HD channels has increased to 30 in its bouquet.
Given the increased panel TV sales and higher consumer demand for HD content, the multi-system operator (MSO) has introduced 13 premium HD channels in genres of general entertainment, music, movies, infotainment, and lifestyle.
Asianet has packaged the channels in three HD packages such as Gold HD pack, Platinum HD pack, and the premium Emerald HD pack that offers 30 HD channels.
Asianet also offers SD packages in various price points to cater to cross sections of the audience.
Asianet Digital EVP Binu George said, “Asianet will be increasing the channels in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) formats to beyond 350 channels soon with more than 50 HD channels to offer viewers constantly engaging and delightful wholesome entertainment for the family.”
Asianet provides different models of STBs manufactured by Cisco and LG. The company is the first MSO in the country to introduce the Android HD STB. With the Android STB, a channel can be viewed on TV and another channel can be viewed on a smartphone and recorded too.