- India’s top 5 OTT services saw 100% growth in monthly user base in H1 2017
- 'Peepli Live' Co-Director Mahmood Farooqui Acquitted In Rape Case
- BHU Molestation: Police Allegedly Thrash Female Students Demanding A Safe Campus
- US Supreme Court has option to duck Trump's travel ban ruling
- Karti closed many foreign accounts, shifted money: CBI
- PV Sindhu Nominated For Padma Bhushan By Sports Ministry
- Assets Worth 1.16 Crores Linked To Karti Chidambaram Are Seized
Arasu Cable’s revenue stands at Rs 181.91 cr in FY15
MUMBAI: Tamil Nadu government-owned multi-system operator (MSO) Arasu Cable TV Corporation has posted revenues of Rs 181.91 crore (Rs 1.82 billion) in FY15, according to a policy note tabled by the information technology department in the state assembly.
Comparatively, the MSO had posted revenues of Rs 185 crore (Rs 1.85 billion) in FY14 including a maiden net profit of Rs 12.02 crore (Rs 120.2 million).
When the AIADMK government took over in May 2011, Arasu’s revenue was only Rs 2 crore (Rs 20 million) in FY11, which later went up to Rs 64.8 crore (Rs 648 million) in FY12.
Arasu has a subscriber base of 340,000 in Chennai through 820 local cable operators (LCOs). It provides 90–100 channels in Chennai.
In Tamil Nadu, it has a base of 7.052 million subscribers through 26,246 local cable operators. In September 2011, TACTV had a mere 494,000 subscribers, the policy note said.