- Infosys MD & CEO Vishal Sikka resigns, Pravin Rao interim chief
- Rescue Hyderabad minor from Omani sheikh: Maneka Gandhi to Sushma Swaraj
- After SBI, now HDFC Bank and Yes Bank cut interest rate on savings
- Election Commissioner speaks out: 'Winning at all cost, without ethics, is new normal in politics'
- Karti Chidambaram says will appear before CBI on August 23, seeks protection
- USS Fitzgerald captain during collision that killed 7 to lose command
Arasu Cable’s revenue stands at Rs 181.91 cr in FY15
MUMBAI: Tamil Nadu government-owned multi-system operator (MSO) Arasu Cable TV Corporation has posted revenues of Rs 181.91 crore (Rs 1.82 billion) in FY15, according to a policy note tabled by the information technology department in the state assembly.
Comparatively, the MSO had posted revenues of Rs 185 crore (Rs 1.85 billion) in FY14 including a maiden net profit of Rs 12.02 crore (Rs 120.2 million).
When the AIADMK government took over in May 2011, Arasu’s revenue was only Rs 2 crore (Rs 20 million) in FY11, which later went up to Rs 64.8 crore (Rs 648 million) in FY12.
Arasu has a subscriber base of 340,000 in Chennai through 820 local cable operators (LCOs). It provides 90–100 channels in Chennai.
In Tamil Nadu, it has a base of 7.052 million subscribers through 26,246 local cable operators. In September 2011, TACTV had a mere 494,000 subscribers, the policy note said.