- JD(U) under Nitish decides to become part of NDA, denies split in party
- Customs arrests Air India cabin crew for smuggling ganja
- Government, RBI in talks to shore up PSU bank capital
- Bihar flood toll mounts to 153, 17 districts affected
- IndiGo cancels 84 flights over engine issues
- Trai gets tough on call drops; slaps penalty of upto Rs 10 lakh
- Yogi Adityanath targets 'Yuvraj' Rahul Gandhi: 'Will not permit Gorakhpur to become picnic spot'
- Shivraj to lead BJP in 2018 election: Amit Shah
After broadcasters, MHA asks MSOs to give details for security clearance
MUMBAI: So far broadcasters had to furnish details of their directors to the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) to get security clearances. Now the multi-system-operators (MSOs) will have to follow the same procedure.
The MHA has asked the MSOs to provide the details of the company and its directors in order to get the requisite security clearance.
The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (MIB) said that the MHA has issued an additional format in which the details have to be provided for grant of security clearance for MSOs.
“All those existing MSOs applicants who are applying now to the ministry for grant of registration are required to furnish the details as per the format enclosed herewith in addition to Form 6 and Form 2. Incomplete applications will not be entertained for process of registration,” it stated.
The two additional forms are for details of company (name of firms/bidders, address of incorporation and date of incorporation) and details of directors and key executives (name, parentage, date of birth, present position and complete address).