- China Says Area Where Road Being Built Does Not Belong To Bhutan, India
- TMC not to attend GST roll-out programme: Mamata
- Byculla jail inmate death: Court permits Indrani Mukerjea to lodge complaint as she alleges sexual assault threat
- Mob thrashes man, suspected of slaughtering cow
- 62 per cent votes cast in second phase of local polls in Nepal
- RIL refinances $2.3 billion loans to cut interest cost
- Mallya paves way for F1 team to be a force without India
- 7th Pay Commission: Modi Cabinet approves revision in HRA rates, other allowances
Posts by Javed Farooqui
Doordarshan has sold two vacant slots on its free DTH platform Freedish to English news channel NewsX and Hindi movie channel RT Movies on pro rata basis for Rs 8 crore each. NewsX is the first English news channel on the Freedish platform, which has mostly Hindi-language channel and a few Marathi channels.
ZEEL is planning to shut down Zee Salaam to allow ZMCL to launch it as an Urdu news channel. The launch is on 1 July.
Star Sports Tamil will replace Star Sports 4 while Star Sports Select 1 will replace Star Sports HD 4. Both Star Sports 4 and Star Sports HD 4 are being discontinued from 28 May.
The current news infrastructure of Times Now and ET Now is capable of producing more channels, Times Network CEO MK Anand said. When queried whether Times Network would look at regional channels in news, he said: “We could also look at regional languages.”
Viacom18’s kids network is coming out with 200 fresh episodes across characters and channels following a buoyant FY17 despite the impact of demonetisation.
Times Now will have multiple variants including global markets like the US and UK as part of its strategy to become the dominant news brand in India and abroad, chief editor Rahul Shivshankar said.He also said that the channel is built around the brand and not the personality of an individual.
Telugu devotional channel to launch Hindu Dharmam on 29 Mar. Plan is also on to launch Kannada news channel TV5 Kannada News.
DD is looking to work with content producers on a revenue share basis. It is looking at 1000 hours of content. “We are looking at multiple models like commissioning a few programmes, airing programmes on time-sharing basis or on revenue-sharing basis. The content should be contemporary and very deeply rooted in our ethos,” Supriya Sahu said.
MagicBricks Now has broadened its content offering to include civic issues like infrastructure and health. Next financial year’s growth will also come from Movies Now 2 and the HD channels. Plan is to launch the HD version of Times Now in Q1, said MK Anand.