- IPL: ED issues show cause notice to KKR co-owners Shah Rukh Khan, Juhi Chawla
- India plans to seal international border with Pak, Bangladesh: Rajnath
- Gaikwad should apologise for his unaccepted behaviour: Politicos
- Doctors' strike ends after Bombay HC ultimatum
- Action on slaughterhouses: Yogi Adityanath govt enforcing laws that existed for years but nobody cared
- Aadhaar verification process for phones to start soon; task to cost Rs 1000 crore for telcos
- Kawasaki-Bajaj end India alliance of 8 years
Posts by Ashwin Pinto
NBA is focusing on growing the business in the country through various routes such as language commentary and the launch of an NBA Academy.
Sony has sold 10 slots and is looking to have a roster of 13-14. Slots are open for auto, payment gateway and consumer durable categories, says Rohit Gupta. Talks are also on with two players in the FMCG space.
Get ready for serious competition in the infotainment genre. Sony BBC Earth will launch on 6 March with the promise to bring in premium factual content. The channel will have both SD and HD versions. It will be available in English, Hindi, Tamil and Telugu.
Sony Pictures Networks India is targeting advertising revenue of Rs 1,300 cr from the 10th edition of the IPL and has locked in nine sponsors for the event. Vodafone, Amazon and Vivo are the co-presenting sponsors. Sony is looking to close with 13 sponsors.
Super Fight League is doing a reality show for a Sony channel. Also on the cards is an MMA World Cup with the launch of the league in eight countries.
Ashish Bhasin said that, for the Nov–Dec 2016 period, the ad revenue shortfall stood at Rs 1500–2000 cr. He estimates that until the end of March, the overall loss could be Rs 2500–3000 cr.
Vivek Srivastava talks about the segmentation of the brands in the English genre, the need for a channel like Movies Now 2, the impact of the success of Hollywood movies on TV viewership, and the push for HD growth in the market.
Keshet International to set up an office in Mumbai with the intention of building production capabilities in India and throughout the region.
Zee business head English cluster Ali Zaidi talks about 2016, the challenges it threw up, and the company’s future growth plans for the genre.