- PV Sindhu Enters Quarter-final of Hong Kong Open Super Series
- Padmavati cleared for Dec 1 release in Britain, SC allows advocate to file fresh plea
- Bharti family pledges Rs 7000 crore towards philanthropy
- Indian Navy gets its first woman pilot, 3 women NAI officers
- Colonel arrested for raping Lt- Colonel's daughter in Shimla
- Pradyuman murder case: Ashok was beaten, tortured and sedated to force his confession, claims wife
- Election Commission grants 'two leaves' symbol to unified AIADMK
Posts from — August 2013
The Ministry for Information and Broadcasting set up The Radio Broadcast Policy committee to formulate the policy to govern the opening of FM Phase II in India.
The delay in signing GOPA by players is acting as an obstacle in the progress of FM Phase III auctions. By early 2013, 25 players applied for migration.
Inspite of the government committing to commence the FM Phase III auctions, issues of e-auction, license fee, channel spacing still loom over broadcasters.
Legal move contradicts I&B minister Manish Tewari’s statement that TRAI should put 12-minute ad cap per clock hour in cold storage till digitisation is complete.
Bindass’ (formerly UTV Bindass) flagship shows are Emotional Atyachaar and Big Switch. Launched on 24 Sep 2007 by UTV, the youth channel is now owned by Disney.
ETC is a Bollywood trade channel acquired by Zee in 2012. Initially launched with back to back format, it shifted focus to family entertainment for better ratings.
Zing owned by Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd offers humour, animation, spoofs and lifestyle with music. Targeting the urban young Indian, movies are a key driver.
9XM, owned by New Silk Route operates a clutch of music channels in various languages. With animation and humour as strengths, they now focus on digital expansion.
MTunes run by Pioneer Channel Factory is the first HD music channel. Its experiments with non-film music and short format shows have worked in its favour.