25 Apr 2017
- 11 CRPF Personnel Die In Encounter With Maoists In Chhattisgarh's Sukma
- Ramdev's Patanjali Amla juice found unsafe; Army canteens suspend sale
- Underworld don Chhota Rajan held guilty in fake passport case
- J&K: PDP leader Abdul Gani Dar shot dead in Pulwama
- SC orders reinstatement of TP Senkumar as Kerala DGP
- PM Modi Bats For Advancing Fiscal Year To Speed Up Development
- US accuses Infosys and TCS of cheating in H-1B lottery to unfairly corner lion's share of visas
- Tamil Nadu CM Palaniswami raises NEET, Cauvery issues at NITI Aayog meeting
- Tamil Nadu FM offers to quit as AIADMK groups begin merger talks
MIB granted licences to 6 TV channels in Mar. This included 4 non-news and 2 news channels. Arnab Goswami’s Republic TV received the licence on 1 Mar. Sony received a downlinking licence under the name Sony Aath.
ZEEL has upped Sunil Buch to the position of CEO, ZEE Live and ZEE Talent. He also looks into corporate brand and communications. Buch’s new role is part of ZEEL’s drive to scale up its new...
Reliance Jio increased its subs base to 108.9 mn until 31 Mar. Pilot of fibre to the home service also started in some locations.
The app will soon be rolled out for other popular Microsoft devices and platforms like Xbox, Surface Hub and other devices through the Universal Windows Platform.
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
YuppTV uses technology to offer cost-effective live broadcasting solutions
The Pro Device and live-streaming platform enables users to broadcast live videos on multiple...
ZEEL to shift CFO Mihir Modi to Margo Networks, plans scale up of tech start-up
No takers for DD Freedish at Rs 8 crore reserve price
Demonetisation and new launches impact TV18’s FY17 profit
A slowdown in the second half due to demonetisation and new launches in entertainment, news and digital segments impacted TV18’s profit performance in FY17.
C&S market for movies could have inflationary impact due to OTT aggression
With OTT platforms like Amazon Prime Video and Netflix upping their content game in India, the cable & satellite market for movies could have an inflationary impact. The contribution from C&S would...
How Times Network plans to grow its entertainment channels biz in 2017
Movies Now will aim to further strengthen viewership across dayparts. Movies Now 2 will be top priority in 2017. Romedy Now will go beyond just being a TV channel.