19 Jan 2017
- Rs 9.2 lakh crore remonetised till date: RBI Governor Urjit Patel to Parliamentary panel
- In First Legal Setback For Cyrus Mistry, Tribunal Dismisses Petition Against Tatas
- Two killed in violence over land acquisition in Bengal
- Vodafone's Challenge to Reliance Jio, Airtel: 1GB of 4G Data at Rs. 150, 4GB at Rs. 250
- Relief for FPIs: Tax department circular on indirect transfer put on hold
- SP, Congress inch closer to alliance
- Tamil Nadu witnessing mass student uprising for jallikattu
- Salman Khan acquitted of Arms Act violations in 1998 case
- 20000 youths to be trained, deployed as 'Swachhta Doots'
- Respect our territorial sovereignty, India tells China
Competition Commission of India has approved the $385-mn acquisition of Taj TV, the sports broadcasting subsidiary of ZEEL, by Sony. This paves the way for India becoming a duopoly sports broadcasting market.
Warburg Pincus has acquired 14% stake in PVR Ltd, India's largest multiplex chain, for Rs 820 crore. The transaction values the company at around Rs 5,860 crore.
Amazon Prime Video India to get over 100 hours of content from Zodiak Kids. This includes all four seasons of ‘Horrid Henry’.
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
Dice Media releases new video ‘Censor Virus: The New Plague’
The video is a satire on how freedom of speech in India usually gets censored. It chronicles what...
Hathway to spin off cable TV biz into wholly owned subsidiary; broadband biz to be in parent company
2016: Jawahar Goel kick-starts DTH deal machine
TV18 Q3 net impacted due to new channel launches and Voot
Due to investments in new channel launches and Voot, TV18’s net fell to Rs 19.7 cr. Viacom18’s aggregate operating loss from new initiatives stood at Rs 34.8 cr for the quarter.
Sony launches youth-focused premium music channel Sony Rox HD
Sony Rox HD is priced Rs 25 on RIO basis. Sony’s Hindi music offering will have a mass as well as a premium HD offering.
Sony to launch a channel for kids in 2017
After announcing its entry into the infotainment genre via a JV with BBC, Sony is planning to launch a localised kids channel in the first half of the calendar year.