26 Jul 2017
- Delhi govt to launch campaign to control rising number of cases of dengue, malaria
- Jio woes: Airtel Q1 net profit tanks 75% to Rs 367 cr
- Sahara case: Supreme Court asks Subrata Roy to deposit Rs 1500 crore by September 7
- RBI stops printing Rs 2000 notes; Rs 200 note may hit market next month
- Jethmalani quits as Kejriwal's counsel, seeks Rs 2 crore fee
- Crackdown On Kashmiri Separatist Widens, Shabir Shah Also Arrested
- Mumbai building collapse: 17 killed; Shiv Sena leader, who wanted to make hotel on ground floor, arrested
- Floods wreak havoc in Gujarat, Rajasthan; Narendra Modi inspects home state as Assam recovers
Airtel Digital TV has seen strong subscription additions in Q1 after demonetisation slowed down growth. ARPU at Rs 228 continues to be under pressure. EBITDA up 4.66% and net subscribers stand at 13.31 mn.
Powered by Micromax and Maruti Suzuki, the show will air every Saturday at 7 pm on MTV and next day onwards on VOOT.
Not just limiting itself to programming revamp, Doordarshan has decided to sport a new logo for the first time since its launch in 1959.
Rajan Gupta has replaced TS Panesar as the new president of All India Digital Cable Federation. This change has been made as Panesar has resigned from Hathway.
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
ALTBalaji partners PayPal to enable online payments for overseas subscribers
ALTBalaji has tied up with open digital payment platform PayPal for international online payments.
ZEEL’s purchase of 9X Media, valuations and impact on music TV genre
Star Utsav sets new record on DD Freedish with Rs 8.4 cr bid in 36th e-auction
ZEEL Q1 net up despite 2% drop in operating rev; local businesses restructured
Ad revenue was impacted in the run-up to the implementation of GST. Subscription revenue fell 9.3% on account of sale of its sports biz to Sony. Three of ZEEL’s businesses hived off into separate subsidiaries. This includes Zee Digital Convergence Ltd.
Mukesh Ambani looks to disrupt cable TV, DTH market with JioPhone TV cable
Jio Phone TV cable will allow users to access the 4G service provider's digital media services like Jio TV and Jio Cinema on their TV screens, thus intending to disrupt the cable TV and DTH markets.
Sony to power sports biz with 11 channels, new branding and Sachin Tendulkar
SPNI has re-branded Ten Sports channels as Sony Ten to unify the sports network under the mother brand. It has dedicated a channel each for cricket, football, fight sports and best of international...