18 Aug 2017
- Tata Group To End All Business Dealings With Cyrus Mistry's Family Firms
- GJM supremo discharged in Madan Tamang murder case
- Trinamool Congress leading in municipal polls
- CoA tells Supreme Court: Sack BCCI's top three office-bearers
- Chandigarh: 10-year-old rape survivor denied abortion by Supreme Court gives birth to a girl
- Gujarat police officers Amin and Barot quit
- After controversy, DD denies blacking out Tripura CM, says speech was aired
- Sierra Leone mourns 100 children among dead in massive flooding
Star India is rebranding its second Hindi GEC Life OK as Star Bharat. The rechristened channel, which is likely to be free to air (FTA), will be available on Doordarshan’s free DTH platform Freedish.
The film and TV industries had limited impact as cine employees went on indefinite strike with producers failing to fulfil their pending demands. Several producers and actors continued to shoot under...
Broadcasting Content Complaints Council asks Sony to shift the controversial show ‘Pehredaar Piya Ki’ to the 10 pm slot. The broadcaster is also asked to run a disclaimer scroll saying it...
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
James Murdoch indicates disciplined bid for cricket rights with an eye on EBITDA targets
Tata Sky less dependent on equity infusion due to capex moderation and healthy cash accruals
Videocon d2h Q1 net subscriber adds slow, ARPU almost flat QoQ
Videocon d2h has reported Q1 net profit of Rs 1.2 cr while net subscriber additions and ARPU have remained almost flat. Content cost was 42% of revenue compared to 42.5% in the trailing quarter.
Balaji Telefilms has invested Rs 100.2 cr in digital biz; ALTBalaji reports Rs 2 cr billing in Q1
Balaji Telefilms has invested over Rs 100 cr in its digital biz, which comprises ALTBalaji. The OTT service, which debuted on 16 April, reported gross billing of Rs 2 cr in the quarter ended 30 June....
Amazon Prime Video to have a new India head as Nitesh Kripalani quits
Nitesh Kripalani, who had joined Amazon as country head for Prime Video in Dec 2014, has resigned. Amazon is looking at a replacement to head their streaming biz in India.