18 Jan 2017
- Govt to integrate BHIM app with Aadhaar for transactions
- Baby steps for Flipkart: Invests $2 million in parenting network TinyStep
- Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea, Peter Mukerjea charged with murder
- Bharti Airtel, Reliance Jio spar over home broadband
- Sensex negative, Nifty tests 8400; RIL sheds over 2%
- GST deadlock ends: All set for 1 July roll out; uncertainty clears for India Inc
- EC decision helps pass Samajwadi Party legacy to son Akhilesh
- Reserve Bank of India raises daily withdrawal limit from ATMs to Rs 10000
- Underwater search for missing Malaysian flight ends without a trace
SC asks TRAI to notify its draft tariff order and interconnection regulations only if it has a strong reason to do so. But TRAI has to place the draft before the SC to satisfy the issue of jurisdiction. Apex court will decide whether or not the draft tariff order and regulation can be notified.
Replacing ‘Suhani Si Ek Ladki’, ‘Meri Durga’ will occupy the 6.30 pm slot, every Monday to Friday. ‘Suhani Si Ek Ladki’ will shift to the 5 pm band.
Sony Rox HD is priced Rs 25 on RIO basis. Sony’s Hindi music offering will have a mass as well as a premium HD offering.
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
Hotstar inks content deal with Disney India for Premium service
Hotstar has inked a multi-year SVOD deal with Disney to showcase the studio’s hits exclusively on...
Hathway to spin off cable TV biz into wholly owned subsidiary; broadband biz to be in parent company
2016: Jawahar Goel kick-starts DTH deal machine
TV18 Q3 net impacted due to new channel launches and Voot
Due to investments in new channel launches and Voot, TV18’s net fell to Rs 19.7 cr. Viacom18’s aggregate operating loss from new initiatives stood at Rs 34.8 cr for the quarter.
TV18 renews licensing deal with CNBC till 2028
After CNN, TV18 Broadcast has extended its brand licensing agreement with CNBC Asia to continue using the CNBC brand and content for the business news genre until 31 March 2028. Interestingly, the...
Keshet International to expand content biz in India, plans Mumbai office
Keshet International to set up an office in Mumbai with the intention of building production capabilities in India and throughout the region.