27 May 2016
- RBI Governor expresses concern about currency market volatility
- Don't link India's entry to Nuclear Suppliers Group with Pakistan, India tells China
- Kerala LDF not to reopen liqour bars
- Italy torpedoed Indian bid to enter missile tech controls regime, says defence minister
- IAS officer who praised Nehru on Facebook transferred
- BJP to hold national executive meet in Allahabad
- Peer-to-peer lending needs regulation, says RBI DEputy Governor
- Slowing China is a threat to the global economy, says RBI Governor
- IITs to make it mandatory for all start-ups to disclose their source of funding and balace sheets
- Indian infotech firms no more in a mood to hire
- SC allows second Italian marine to return home
- Modi government's reforms help India to be an island of stability, says RBI Governor
- Husbands can beat wives 'lightly': Top Pak Islamic body
- Donald Trump clinches Republican nomination
- Ram Madhav, Sushil Modi may get Rajya Sabha berths
- NITI Aayog to boost school labs with an eye on startups
- Cops rescue activist Trupti Desai from mob at Nashik temple
- Enforcement Directorate team to visit Singapore to track Agusta Westland money trail
- Lucknow bench of Armed Forces Tribunal rejects triple talaq plea by jawan
- Censor refuses certificate to 'Udta Punjab' citing profanity
- Maharashtra pays RTI activist Rs 10 lakh for failing to protect him
- Supreme Court tells government to release Nirbhaya funds
- Marathwada farmer suicides at 454, 22% higher than 2015
- High Court puts Jat quota on hold in Haryana
- Indian owned shops ransacked in Congo in revenge attacks against racism
- Can place proof of corruption against Congress leaders in Parliament, says Jaitley
TV Today Network will acquire the remaining stake in Mail Today from Living Media and AN (Mauritius) Ltd. Mail Today, a JV between Living Media and UK-based Daily Mail, will thus become a wholly owned subsidiary of TV Today Network.
Star Plus pipped Colors for the top spot in the urban markets while Sony Pal ousted Zee Anmol to take the leadership position in rural India, as per BARC data for the week ended 20 May.
‘Shakti… Astitva Ke Ehsaas Kii’ will unravel the truth behind a family’s treatment of two children every Monday to Friday at 8 pm.
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
AT&T bids for Yahoo with eye on streaming video biz
Excerpt: AT&T has made an offer to acquire Yahoo’s internet video streaming business, countering...
TRAI suggests infrastructure sharing among MSOs, HITS and DTH ops
Siti Cable acquires 50% stake in Assam’s Axom Comm, plans expansion in northeast
Videocon d2h narrows Q4 net loss, adds 0.59 mn subs
Videocon d2h narrows Q4 net loss to Rs 21.2 crore from Rs 75.7 crore in the prior-year quarter. Content cost falls to 37.5% of revenue. Total net subscriber base stands at 11.86 million.
Fremantle tastes profitability with first web series on Facebook
FremantleMedia India has profited from its first fiction-based web series, ‘Confessions: It’s Complicated’, on Facebook. This will encourage the production house to look at digital content as a...
Mumbai Indians benefits from CSK’s absence in IPL 9 to top popularity charts: Study
In the absence of the Chennai Super Kings, Mumbai Indians has emerged as the top team in garnering loyalties in IPL 9.