24 Jul 2016
- Hindu families allege threat after Aligarh clash, say they want to shift out
- 100 Marathwada youth have joined ISIS, says Sena MLA
- Shiv Sena wants to regulate Pokemon Go
- Government collects more than Rs 2,400 crore from DTH operators in three years
- Let's talk development instead of caste and family: Modi
- Fox News chief resigns over sexual harassment claims
- Verizon nears deal to buy Yahoo's core business for 5 billion US dollars
- Aquila: Facebook's solar-powered drone takes flight
- Scientists reverse menopause; women can now stay fertile forever
- Punjab town tense after Sikhs and Dalits thrash Shiv Sena activists to rescue Kashmiri Muslims
- Two Dalits hit, urinated upon for 'stealing bike' in Bihar
- Kejriwal meeting Dalit accused of cop's murder stirs row
- Dayashankar Singh's wife files case against Mayawati
- Court acquits another BAstar journalist
- Bodo ultras threaten to target NIA officers and their kin
- Acid bottles are new weapons of protest in Kashmir valley
- J&K finance minister's wife asks Mehbooba Mufti to resign
- It is states' job to bring in uniform civil code, says Union Law Minister
- RJD ticket has not tainted black money crusade, says Ram Jethmalani
- ED probing former Haryana CM for money laundering in Herald case
- My husband is being framed, says wife of arrested Zakir Naik 'aide'
- AAP MP Bhagwant Mann in trouble as Speaker rejects apology
- Bajrang Dal men strip, thrash MP pastor over 'conversions'
- Six cow protectors held in Gujarat for thrashing Dalits
- Shooting rampage inside Munich mall leaves several dead
- IAF aircraft goes missing over Bay of Bengal, 29 feared killed
- Adarsh razing not now, government will take over: Supreme Court
Revenue of AIR has recorded gradual growth but income of DD has not, I&B minister Venkaiah Naidu said. In FY16, DD’s rev has dipped 17% to Rs 755.79 cr. After witnessing rev growth in FY13 and FY14, DD's rev has declined in the last two fiscals.
Hotstar has launched a series of three heart-warming ad films to drive viewership and awareness about its planned coverage of the upcoming Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
TRAI has extended the last dates of sending comments and counter comments on its consultation paper ‘Issues related to Digital Terrestrial Broadcasting in India’ to 5 and 12 August respectively.
Three leading MSOs are planning to work out a common infrastructure for bill collection and dunning process. Besides saving costs, this will enable the MSOs to take action against defaulting LCOs as...
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
Ava DuVernay’s ‘The 13th’ debuts globally on Netflix on 7 October
The 13th’ is the first-ever nonfiction work to open the festival, and will debut on Netflix and...
Asianet beefs up mobile TV app, eyes 0.5 mn subscribers
SN Sharma to start second innings at DEN
Investments in new channels and Voot pull TV18 into Q1 loss
TV18 slips into net loss in Q1 because of investments in new channel launches, CNN-IBN rebranding and launch of Voot. Building future businesses, the company posted consolidated net loss of Rs 14.1 cr compared to a profit of Rs 8.6 cr a year ago.
BARC publishes policy for genre classification of TV channels
BARC has released new genre classification criteria for broadcasters. TV channels must have over 60% of the content from the genre in which they want to be categorised.
Govt not to raise FDI cap in print media to 49%
Govt will not widen the FDI door to entice global media barons to invest in Indian print companies. DIPP has communicated to the DEA that “a considered view” was taken against increasing FDI cap...