23 Mar 2017
- Tea at 7, Lunch at 50 - Indian Railways Tweets Menu So Customers Don't Get Overcharged
- On World Water Day, Railways unveils water conservation policy
- Interest subsidy scheme for MIG effective from Jan 1
- Election Commission freezes AIADMK's election symbol ahead of major bypoll
- Flipkart Sale, Android O Features, Samsung Pay in India, More
- Aadhaar must for IT returns to curb tax evasion and frauds, says government Times of India - ?4 hours ago?
- Yogi Adityanath bans pan masala, tobacco in govt buildings
- Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM: Modi is performing the last rites of Nehruvian secularism
Availability of popular content on FTA channels is fuelling growth of Doordarshan’s free DTH platform Freedish. In 2016, Freedish added a staggering 10 mn customers, a feat that was not achieved by all private DTH operators put together. So, how big is the threat? Is this an opportunity too?
"TV is such a large medium, such a large voice. Will it get marginalised by technology? I don't think so,” says Ekta Kapoor.
Giving his thoughts on the changes in TV news journalism, Arnab said that plain vanilla had no place in today’s India. Opinion, he said, was the future of journalism.
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
Hulu renews ‘Shut Eye’ for Season Two
Hulu's original drama series 'Shut Eye' has been picked up for a second season containing 10...
112 TV channel licences hanging fire with the MIB
DTH subscriber adds slow in FY17 due to demonetisation and absence of Cricket WC
Hathway’s broadband rev stays ahead of cable TV subs income for 2nd straight quarter; 0.4 mn STBS seeded in Q3
For the second quarter in a row, Hathway’s broadband revenue has stayed ahead of its cable TV subscription income. Placement revenue jumped 8% QoQ to Rs 70.4 cr. Pay channel cost remained flat at Rs 104.3 cr.
NBA’s growth plans in India
NBA is focusing on growing the business in the country through various routes such as language commentary and the launch of an NBA Academy.
Tata Sky set to launch pop-up service featuring global content
Tata Sky is launching a pop-up service called ‘Tata Sky World Series’ featuring global content. The service will premiere first with popular Italian crime drama ‘Gomorrah’ on 19 Mar.