01 Oct 2016
- Surgical strikes: Can this one well-executed operation cow Pakistan into submission?
- Google to set up data centres in India; chases Microsoft, Amazon over the cloud
- Curfew imposed in parts of Srinagar
- Supreme Court to pronounce order on Shahabuddin's bail cancellation
- US urges India and Pakistan to avoid escalation of tensions
- Uri attack: Another soldier succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 20
- Uber plans major India drive, may buy 2 lakh cabs; automakers eye Rs 13,000-cr order
- Surgical strikes: India crosses LoC, hits 7 terror launchpads, kills 40-45 terrorist
The third season of the Indian Super League will have English, Hindi, Bengali, Malayalam and Tamil feeds. The matches will be telecast on the Star Sports network, Star Gold, and on regional channels Jalsha Movies, Asianet Movies and Vijay Super.
&Pictures has introduced a new line-up of back-to-back movies for October. The channel will also air world TV premieres and a rock concert.
The new line-up boasts various genres ranging from reality to non-fiction and mythical drama.
“We are the third-largest player in the VoD space after Hotstar and YouTube. Having been a late entrant in the market, it’s great considering what we have achieved,” Gaurav Gandhi said.
Fixing cracks in Agra’s digital driveway
Agra is one of the worst digital addressable system (DAS) markets in India. Consumer ARPU (average revenue per user) is miserably low, multi-system operators (MSOs) were fighting against each other till September 2014, and local cable operators (LCOs) have not focused on increasing cable TV rates....
Arré makes its content available on Sony Liv
Sony Liv users will be able to watch Arré’s latest web series on its web and mobile platforms....
Amazon’s content plan as it readies Prime Video for India launch
Hathway Cable’s content cost, ARPUs and packaging
Zee Media Q1 EBITDA up 15.5% amid drop in revenue and expenses
Zee Media, which runs a clutch of news channels and English daily dna, cut expenditure to post 15.5% jump in EBITDA while operating revenue fell 5.2%.
Zee Classic eyes growth through new content strategy
Zee Classic is launching five distinct programming slots for each decade of Hindi cinema; channel contributes 15% rev to Zee Hindi movie cluster.
TV viewership pattern of urban audiences
Primetime viewership in the urban HSM is skewed towards male as opposed to the all-India urban market, where the viewership split between male and female is almost equivalent with a skew towards...